Saturday, August 13, 2011

Extreme Saving: Cancelling Cell service

So, you've been noticing some good deals on phones. You want to make the switch, but you have an early termination fee to worry about. Sometimes these fees can be as much as $200 per month depending on your cell phone provider.

Look on you current bill to see if you can get out of your Early Termination Fee by checking to see if there is a change in the terms of service noted on you most recent bill.

Most recently Sprint changed theirs. This will be effective 9/9/2011 and they will be changing their administrative fees.  In order to not pay the ETF, you must notify them within 30 days of a change in TOS agreement.

Please see the sample script below:
"Hi, I'm calling about my current contract with Sprint and the increase in Sprint surcharges I read about in my August 2011 bill. The latest terms contract I sign with you was in ____, and under that contract, it specifically states that as a Sprint customer, I have the right to terminate my contract wihtout paying an early termination fee in the event that Sprint makes a material change to itsagreement with me, and so long as I notify sprint of my desire to do so within 30 days of such a change. This sprint surcharge increase constitutes a material change to the Terms and conditions agreement I signed, and therefore, I would like to exercise my right under the agreement to terminate my contract without and early termination fee."

**Please note: Sprint does NOT prorate your final month, so please be sure to cancel within the last 2-3 days of your billing cycle to get the most savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment