Monday, November 29, 2010

My Walgreens Trip

Yesterday evening I made a trip to Walgreens. I was really running low on the dawn dish soap and they had the 10.3 oz on sale with the in ad coupon for .99 a piece.  I used to purchase whatever cheapest stroe brand I coule find prior to using coupons and realized that even without a sale, dawn ends up being the cheapest for me because it stretches further...store brand was NOT the way to go.  So anyway, you know the dawn commercials where they are trying to stretch a drop of soap? That was me cleaning my dishes the day after Thanksgiving!

I had plenty of register rewards left over and I found that I had a coupon as well for .25 off.  I did two transactions...
Transaction 1:
3 Dawn dish soaps
1 216 huggies wipe refill container

Total Before coupons: 11.96
in ad coupon took of $3
                              ______________
                                 8.96
                             -.25 coupon from sunday previous sunday insert
                             _________________
                                  8.71
I then used my $5 and 3.50 RR from Thanksgiving day sales and spent .21 plus tax! (I believe it ended up being .62)

Transaction 2:
3 dawn dish soaps @ 1.99  = 5.97
Hersheys chocolate bar     =    .89
-3 coupon                             3.-
 -.40 in ad coupon             ______
                                             3.46
- 3 RR
Total Paid .46 plus tax

I would also like to include that if you don't have any register rewards, these same dawns are on sale this week at cvs for .88 with your care card!

No comments:

Post a Comment