Thursday, January 20, 2011

Meal Plan 1/20-1/23

Whew, Talk about WAY behind with the menu plan this week! I had at least been planning to put it up earlier this morning...not that it counts. I spent a good portion of my morning trying to figure out why the lightswitch wouldnt turn the light or the fan off on my main ceiling fan. I checked the circuit breakers and everything! Turns out I had turned it off by the pull switch last night, go figure. That will be an interesting story to tell my husband tonight when he gets back!

Anyway, I will be using some of the garden delights pasta that were in the matchups for farm fresh yesterday. If you didn't get it, then just substitute any other type of pasta you have on hand.  Speaking of the garden delights..have any of you all tried it? It's pretty interesting, it has a full serving of veggies in every 4 oz!

Thursday:
Dinner: Hamburger helper, Steamed broccoli and texas toast

Friday:
Breakfast: Bagels with cream cheese and blueberries (I still have some from the sale at HT since we eat them frozen here)
Lunch: Sandwiches and strawberries (on sale for $3.50 @ Farm fresh this week)
Dinner: Chicken on the grill, lima beans, corn

Saturday:
Breakfast: eggs, bacon, english muffins
Lunch: meatballs veggies(this is my sons bday party so we will just have lots of selection
Dinner: 1 pkg ronzoni garden delight penne rigate
1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp grated lemon rind
chopped parsely

Cook pasta. Cut chicken in half then crosswise 3 times. to make 8 pieces. Brown chicken in a large nonstick skillet generously coated with vegetable spray or oil. add lemon juice, chicken stock, minced garlic, and 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind. simmer until chicken is tender. toss with hot cooked penne and chopped parsley. makes 6 servings (off box)

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment